Sunday, October 16, 2011

What I Purchased This Weekend



I did a previous post about Buying American to boost the economy.  I wanted to show y'all I practice what I preach.  So I went shopping this weekend and purchased 13 American made items.  And it didn’t take me too much longer to read the labels to determine the country of origin.  I saved money buying the American made products since most were not name brands.  The only product I paid more for was the Lysol Neutra (Air Freshener) but it doubles as a surface disinfectant.  I also used it to dust my home today.  I don’t know if it is safe on all surfaces though so you should read the label before using.  So basically I got 3 products in one.   I got the Butterball Ground Turkey for $2.29 per pound @ Costco which is low in fat and is great for making tacos, chili, spaghetti, and turkey burgers.  The Kirkland (Costco) Cinnamon Rolls were like the best Cinnamon Rolls I ever had.  They make them at Costco so that definitely counts as American made.  I am pretty sure other brands of Cinnamon Rolls are made in America but I just really like the taste of Kirkland Cinnamon Rolls.  The following is a list of my American made purchases this weekend:

Butter Ball Ground Turkey $2.29 per pound
Kirkland (Costco) Cinnamon Rolls $1.50 each ($8.99 6 pack)
Farmland Heavy Cream
Up & Up (Target Brand) Zip Storage Bags $2.49 and $2.99
Lysol Neutra Air (Air Freshener) $2.99
KitKat (Candy Bar)
Up & Up Dishwashing liquid $1.97
Kirkland (Costco) Cookies
Dixie Napkins $1.44
Granny Smith Apples
Main Stays (Wal-Mart Brand) 6 Hangers for just 86 cents
Carpet Fresh
Mr. Bubble (Bubble Bath)

No comments:

Post a Comment