Saturday, September 24, 2011

I have Officially Decided to Support President Obama in His Bid to be Re-elected

As some of you may know I am conservative but not religious (hence the name of this blog).  Being a conservative agnostic gives me a somewhat different set of opinions and values than the typical conservative religious person (Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim etc.).  I decided to support President Obama because it is easier to ascertain where he stands on the issues.  Which is very important to me because I value integrity.  When deciding who we should support in the upcoming election I think all the arguments should boil down to 5 words: Who has the most integrity?  President Obama's legal background gives him a thorough appreciation for the ideals of our Constitution and the role of the people.  During his first term I have yet to see one time where he did not uphold our most important document "The Constitution of the United States".  I also agree with him on most issues that I prioritize.  President Obama has proven during his first term his ability to create jobs.  The first stimulus package created somewhere from 1.6 million to 3.6 million jobs.  He passed this legislation despite it's unpopularity among the American people.  Passing the first stimulus package was not about getting re-elected or giving his contributors money to outsource.  The stimulus befitted the American people and not the American politicians.  The person I want to run my country is the person who has the courage to do what's best for America, and not to compromise because it will make other politicians and their biggest contributors happy.  I support the American Jobs Act of 2011, so why shouldn't I support the person who proposed this ingenious legislation.


"Show me the person that will risk losing the election because (s)he won't compromise his/her values, and I'll show you the person that deserves the right to be called the President of the United States of America."

I have just set up my grassroots fund raising page.  Please make a donation.  I would really appreciate it.  I would also like to take this time to thank y’all for taking the time to read my blog.  I hope you can tell I put a lot of effort in to writing my posts.  Also, please comment and/or follow.
Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment